Steven Paul Jobs was an American entrepreneur and business magnate. He was the chairman, chief executive officer, and a co-founder of Apple Inc., chairman and majority shareholder of Pixar and a charismatic pioneer of the personal computer era. Steve Jobs was one of the first entrepreneurs to understand that the personal computer would appeal to a broad audience but before I go on explaining his quotes I want to give you some scenario.
It’s already 6 am on the clock. The alarm goes bzzzzzzz…. we wake up, we have got a lot of chores to do. Hurriedly we go to the office, work for 8 hours, 9 hours, 10 hours or more, then we get back home tired and restless. Again there is a lot of chores to do- “No, I am really tired today I would rather grab some doughnuts and beer.” tired and exhausted we fall asleep on the couch, the bottle of beer remains spilled on the floor and the doughnuts enjoying the motion of our breath on the chest.
The next day also the same routine continues…
We never have time to think outside of our everyday life. We have become the slave of our own lives that we do not put a slightest effort to think outside of it. Thus, we remain how we are today, tomorrow and the next day!!
Why do you think the people like Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Walt Disney, J.K. Rowling and many more are successful and live a life that we all have had a desire for? Because they chose to think outside of the box, they chose to dream, they chose to anticipate, they chose to work for their dreams and they have patience and perseverance.
Here I am going to give my analysis on some of the best motivational quotes made by the most popular American entrepreneur and business magnate, an inventor, the visionary, the chief executive and chairman of Apple Computer STEVE JOBS.
Steve Jobs Quotes and their meaning:
“You’ve got to find a job you love.”
– Steve Jobs
- Think of your job as your girlfriend/ boyfriend. How do you wish she/he should be? And how would you pamper him/her if you find one for you?
- The job you would love doing is like your beloved where you are willing to improve yourself for them.
- You would find new ways to make them feel comfortable and happy with you and with that you feel happy about yourself.
- Your job is going to be a large part of your life, you spend much of your time with it and if it doesn’t truly satisfy you, your life will be miserable. So, if you haven’t found it yet then keep looking for it.
Find a job that doesn’t let you sleep because you are happy thinking about it, you are happy working on it. Find yourself such a job that lets u dream with your eyes wide open and gives you happiness when you sleep with its thought.
“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
– Steve Jobs
- Give yourself time to explore the horizon of your qualities and creativities.
- Be willing to spend time explaining, correcting and fixing.
- As a yardstick is a tool to measure the inches, measure yourself. Do not keep the attitude, life is not only about complaining or explaining the rights and wrongs.
- Always return things better than you received them.
You will know that you have taken a yardstick like qualities when people start taking you as a benchmark to measure their peripheries… which isn’t a bad place to be I guess!!
“Sometimes life’s going to hit you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith. I’m convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did.”
– Steve Jobs
- Trust yourself, trust in your abilities and your strengths.
- Follow your passion and continuously work on what you do best.
- Don’t settle, if you haven’t found it yet, keep looking for it. It gets better and better with time.
- Do the work you love and be guided by what you really love.
- There will be good days as well as the bad days for you but the only thing we should understand is not to make decisions when we are mad and not to make promises when we are happy.
“Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while.”
– Steve Jobs
- Creativity is all around us channeling in different directions.
- Look beyond the obvious to identify the possibilities.
- Every problem has a solution hiding within its boundary as there is no problem without a solution.
“If you don’t build your dreams someone else will hire you to build theirs.”
– Steve Jobs
- Your dreams are precious.
- Find the reason that you can call on and reach on that can make you get back up.
- If you are not willing to go where you want to be if you are not at a particular place that you want to be then you are not making a sacrifice to build what you dream
- Do not take your ideas and dreams into the graveyard with you.
- Work on your dreams to become a reality and believe in it.
When is the right time to do a great thing? If you are waiting for that perfect moment then that perfect time is not going to happen. You know what you have to do – you have to create that perfect time and perfect opportunity in the perfect situation. when you are literally not doing what you love then you are literally committing spiritual suicide.
Do not feel comfortable and stop growing in your life, do not be satisfied with the jobs that you don’t like.
when you have some goals that you are stretching for that takes you out of your comfort zone, you will find out some talents and abilities that you have that you didn’t know you have.